Sunday, May 10, 2009

God's plan

We moved about 6 miles from my Granny and I went to a different school. I went there 2 years. I was in the 7th and 8th grade. I loved to sing so when our music teacher told us that we could sing at our play in the 7th grade... well I said I would sing. I can still remember going to the mic and singing "Satisfied Mind". lol I have a very strong voice. I sang a couple of lines with the mic and then stepped away from it and sang the rest. lol The kids laughed and I laughed too. Everything went real well and the kids applauded for me.

The next year, 8th grade... my music teacher got a hold of me and said she wanted me to sing!! She played the piano for me. She wanted me to sing "Tumbling Tumble Weeds" !! I told her that the music was too high for me. She said that she would lower it for me. I did fine through practice. Well the day that I sang on stage I think she raised the song!! I was nervous because the lights were on in the auditorium. I don't think the lights were on the year before. I could see all them kids out there watching me!! The first words of Tumbling Tumble Weeds is... "I'm a roaming cowboy"!! Of course all the kids laughed!! I thought they were laughing at me. To make things worse... my voice went into a high pitch sound! I ran off of the stage crying. My best friend went with me. I was in the bathroom crying so hard when my 8th grade English teacher came in to see about me. Mrs. White. She wore glasses and I remember her even crying with me. She hugged me and told me that she was going to get permission for me to sing in her play. Oh No!!! No way was I ever going to sing again!! Never!! She said.. Yes you are. I will put a spot light on you and you will not be able to see the people in the audience.

She got permission for me to leave my class for play practice. Our play was "Oklahoma". The song that I sang was "Red River Valley". She had about 4 boys sitting around a fake campfire day dreaming about their sweetheart back home. She had a spot light on me... and I kind of walked behind them. The play took first in Junior High and we did the play for parents and everyone. Thinking back now I could just kick myself for not trying to find this teacher!! What she did for me was unbelievable.

No comments: