Tuesday, May 26, 2009

God is really in control

Life is finally getting a little easier... but only through the help of the Lord. Over the last 8 years I have done a lot of growing. I have finally realized that we can not change a person, their actions, or their choices... even when it involves us!! Having faith that the Lord will take care of each situation in our lives and being still ... which is sooo hard to do at times. Going to the Lord in prayer and letting Him wrap us in His arms and comfort us in our hour of need.

I lost my mother 2 days after Christmas of 2005. My mother would have been 80 in March. She had watched her mom die at 68 with cancer, my dad (her ex-husband) died at 69 with cancer, her brother died with a heart attack at 69, another brother died in his 60's with a heart attack, one brother died in a car wreck in his 40's, and she had lost 2 step-brothers with cancer that were also in their 60's. My mother was so scared of cancer and hurt for a long time before her death. My Granny had told her not to go to the hospital and let them operate on her. The minute that they opened up my Granny and my dad... they gave them 6 weeks to live. She refused to go to the hospital.

No comments: