Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just writing tonight and don't know what I will write??

We went to assistant living today. Gary taught, Jim said prayer, Christel read some scriptures, and I sang 2 songs.... "Shepherd Of My Valley" and "Just A Closer Walk With Thee". The song Shepherd of my valley reminds me so much of my dad. My uncle gave me a cassette with that song on it. My dad was so peaceful through his death. He said that if Jesus had to suffer; then why shouldn't we have to suffer? The day he passed away, he raised up on his elbow and said... "Well, Jesus that is You." He was then gone.

I received word from my aunt that her sister, and my aunt (one week younger than I) is with hospice. Her body is shutting down. She is Down Syndrome. We call that disabled... but yet are they? She enjoys the simple things in life. Happy with little. She has lived in an assistant living for almost 30 years. When she was younger she went to work everyday making fishing flies. She enjoyed her work and loved spending what little money that she made. She received a paycheck and learned to sign her own name. Sharon is very loved by others; her family, friends, staff, and nurses. The home is planning on making the trip to her funeral. It is a sad time for everyone. Even though she is Down Syndrome she has heard about Jesus. She was in the hospital last week when my aunt went to see her. They talked and Sharon told her sister that she would get to see Momma and Daddy again. She was near death and they thought they were going to loose her then.

If God knew when we were born... which I believe He has control of... then He also knows the day that we will die. Being able to let God have control is peace beyond understanding. Things that are hard to bear are possible through God. I feel like at times ... just knowing that ... If God is for us, who can be against us... is enough. Weighing out our lives... the good and the bad... if we do not receive more good.. it is still enough. Jesus gave us His all. He tells us to weep when we are born and to rejoice when we die. We seem to have things backwards.

Thank You Father for the things that I take for granted in life. Most of all thank You for Your Son... Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments: