After tonight I will not be making more than one entry per day. Either this one or the other one. Sorry for so many entries recently.
Some things that I would like to touch on before starting the story of my life:
One of the most often asked question is... How could a God allow little children to suffer, all the hurting, and injustice in this world? I too asked this same question?? I have seen God work in my life and I know that there is a God. I am a sinner, but yet He continues to bless my life. That does not mean that I will never experience pain or suffering. God gives each of us a free will. Have you ever noticed in the picture of Jesus knocking on the door.. there is not a door knob. You have to open the door from the inside. Many times our choices is what has created some of our problems in our in life.
Several statements that made me stop and think:
1. Was it JUST for God to give His only son for a world full of sinners? Do you think that God had no feelings when His Son was crucified? Have you experienced some of the storms recently? As soon as Jesus died the sky darkened and the storm came... ripping the curtain from the bottom to the top.
2. A statement from my cousin's husband made me really stop and think. He said his cousin told him one day; "You know Ben you have lived long enough for 2 good men lives." Ben told me that every morning he looks in the mirror and says... "Thank you Lord for another day." As I sit here... I have lived long enough for 3 good women. God cared enough to create me.
3. The Lord rains on the good and the bad. This is the one that is REALLY hard to handle. We ask why?? I don't know why. That is what scripture says. He tells us that we should weep when we are born and rejoice when we die. Death to us is almost unbearable. But let me ask you a question... our life is only a moment compared to eternity... do you agree? ETERNITY, can we even phantom what ETERNITY is like? How blessed we are if we have family members that have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior... because He is preparing a place for us. A place where the streets are made of gold. Jasper and diamonds... beyond our imagination. A rainbow is beautiful but imagine for one moment what Heaven will be like.
4. When God appeared to Moses, He was on the Mountain. When everything is going good... let's call it being on the Mountain. When things are bad... let's call it being in the Valley. When we are in the valley we have to look up to see the Mountain. When my life was so low and I was on my knees; I felt like the only thing left for me to do... was LOOK UP! The Lord knew me well enough to know that was the only thing that would draw me near Him. He knows me better than I know myself... but yet He loves me. The same with you.
5. Do you have a child? Has that child asked you for silly things, little things, and even unbelievable things? Has your child ever fallen down and skinned their knee? Did you care... or did you ignore them? God tells us to pray for ALL things. Some people believe that they have to save the bad things for prayer. A minister at a church I went to believed that. Unreal. I have even asked God to help me find something when running frantically through my house looking for it. FINALLY I will pray. What a miracle... to turn my head... and there it is!! Unbelievable that God loves me that MUCH!! Miracles are great... but to actually care about the little things in my life... is wonderful. Scripture tells us that He knew us in our mother's womb... before we were even born.
6. Last... I feel like God gives each of us a gift. Something that we can do well. It might be a simple little gift but it is important. Sometimes it is hard for us to know what our gifts are. I feel like if we just be ourselves we will discover what our gift is. I can talk to someone 30 minutes and they have told me their whole life history. Don't ask me why or how?? I can read between the lines of what people are saying without them even knowing it. I use a lot of eye contact. I listen close to what people are saying. Just being me, not something that I practiced. Singing... I have loved to sing before I could even sing. lol At the age of 3 my mother wrote in my baby book: "Janie sings all the time but she can not carry a tune." I asked her about that and she said it was true... I could not sing! lol God tells us that if we do not use our gift He will give it to someone else. I am a very simple person, speak very simple, and my vocabulary is very limited. Sometimes I feel very uncomfortable with that. Jesus had to have been very intelligent; but yet He spoke in parables so the people could understand Him. Each one of us are to go out into the world and be a messenger. We just have to take the first step and He will do the rest.
I am not too Bible smart but if you have a question, please ask and I will try to find the answer from someone else. You are all in my prayers. May God bless each and everyone of you. Janie
Will try to put video on later.
Amazing grace, how sweet the soundThat saved a wretch like meI once was lost, but now I'm foundWas blind, but now can see'Twas grace that taught my heart to fearAnd grace my fears relievedHow precious did that grace appearThe hour I first believedWhen we've been there ten thousand yearsBright shining as the sunWe've no less days to sing God's praiseThan when we first begunAmazing grace, how sweet the soundThat saved a wretch like meI once was lost, but now I'm foundWas blind, but now can see
5 hours ago