Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Life

Starting a new journal. Very simple; no graphics or frills. On occasion I will add some music videos that have influenced my life. Please feel free to walk down the paths of my life. My hope is that it may inspire or teach a few lessons in life. According to scripture older women are to teach younger women. For those that are close to me, may you relive some of the stories that are being told. For my children, aunts, cousins, please email me with an entry if you want to share. All of you are in my prayers. God Bless, Janie

Written by Dottie Rambo. Recently she was killed in an automobile accident when on tour. She wrote thousands of songs. What a blessing from the Lord. May this bless your life. This video is full of emotion. When we know the Lord times can be very emotional. Will try to put video on soon; right now I don't know how.



SHELTERED IN THE ARMS OF GOD

I feel the touch of hands so kind and tender.
They're leading me in the paths that I must trod.
I'll have no fear for Jesus walks beside me
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.

So let the storms rage high,
The dark clouds rise,
They won't worry me;
For I'm sheltered safe within the arms of God.
He walks with me, And naught of earth shall harm me,
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.

Soon I shall hear the call from heaven's portals.
Come home my child, It's the last mile you must trod
I'll fall asleep And wake in God's new heaven
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.

So let the storms rage high,
The dark clouds rise,
They won't worry me;
For I'm sheltered safe within the arms of God.
He walks with me,
And naught of earth shall harm me,
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.


This entry has 8 comments

#8 Comment from nelishianat
6/18/08 10:48 PM
The scripture about letting the older women teach the younger is one of my favorite. To this day I am drawn to sitting and listening to older woman rather than people my own age as I learn so much. I think that in and of itself alone is one of the greatest draws for me to your journal, and Lucy's journal and Gerry's journal. I like to listen and learn. Dottie Rambo was one of my heroes here on earth.
Nelishia
#7 Comment from marainey1
6/17/08 8:52 PM
I'm always reminded about the Proverbs 31 women and how we should teach the younger ones. Although the younger women I know always act like they know it all and much better than I, so they think everything I say is old fashioned. I'm to the point that I keep my mouth shut most of the time. 'On Ya' -ma
#6 Comment from thegirlnexdoor77
6/17/08 8:23 PM
Checking out your new j...love ya. TerryAnn
#5 Comment from blackjanedoe
6/17/08 7:55 PM
look forward to reading these entries too.

#4 Comment from manda2177
6/17/08 7:44 PM
Well if this is you instructing me in the ways of Scrpiture...sign me up!! I will enjoy this journal immensely!!!
God bless-
Amanda
#3 Comment from plieck30
6/17/08 7:11 PM
Nice journal Janie. I will stop by from time to time. Paula
#2 Comment from lucille4364
6/17/08 3:39 PM
Great idea Janie. Perhaps it will help me with some unanswered questions.
Lucille
#1 Comment from lv2trnscrb
6/17/08 2:46 PM
Janie, what a wonderful idea for a journal!! I think all of us should do this, LOL, because it is amazing to look back and see the hand of God on our lives when we were not even following him, but he had his eyes on us!! looking forward to reading what you write :) betty


No comments: